||Pennsylvania Drug Warehouse
||Very Rev. J. Eugene Gallery, S.J., president of the University of Scranton from 1947-1953
||16,000 sq ft
The Gallery Building was purchased in December 1979 for $150,000 from Kay Wholesale Drugs of Wilkes-Barre. After significant renovations were completed in 1980-1981, the building housed a Media Resource Center, two large multipurpose lecture rooms, Career Services, a Counseling Center, the Computer Science department, an Art Gallery, and a leisure reading/study area. In the 1990s, the Gallery also housed the Dexter Hanley College and the Office of Annual Giving.
The Gallery was demolished in October 2001 to make room for Founders' Green, outside of Brennan Hall. In order to continue honoring the memory of Fr. Gallery, a University-owned house at 413 Quincy Avenue (which then housed the Office of Residence Life) was renamed as the Fr. Gallery House.
"Demolition of Gallery Paves the Way for Campus Green
27 September 2001: 3.
"Twenty Years of History: The Rise and Fall of the Gallery
25 October 2001: 4.