||Rev. Jerome D. Hannan, Bishop of Scranton from 1954-1965
||Bellante and Clauss
||S. G. Mastriani
||Federal Housing and Finance Agency
||13,172 sq ft
Denis Edward Hall, Hafey Hall, Hannan Hall, and Lynett Hall make up the "Upper Quad" of student residences. Each hall accommodates 50 students each.
Hannan Hall and Lynett Hall were constructed prior to Hafey and Denis Edward, on the site of the former Casey and Fulton estates on Clay Avenue and Linden Street. The project cost was estimated at $400,000 and was supported by a $375,000 loan from the Federal Housing and Finance Agency's Community Facilities Administration. During construction, one hundred students moved into the Hotel Jermyn for the 1960-1961 academic year. Thankfully, the new dorms opened in time for the 1961-1962 academic year.
"Students Will Live At Hotel," 20 July 1960.
"U of S to Open Two New Buildings for Fall Term," 16 August 1961.