La Salle Hall
||St. Jean-Baptiste de la Salle, founder of the Brothers of the Christian Schools, the religious order that conducted St. Thomas College and the University of Scranton prior to the arrival of the Jesuits in 1942
||Diocese of Scranton
La Salle Hall was constructed in the early 1900s as a residence for the Christian Brothers, who were at the time administrators and teachers at St. Thomas College. It was constructed on a site that had been purchased by the Diocese of Scranton in 1888. In 1942, the incoming Jesuits named the building La Salle Hall in tribute to the departing Christian Brothers.
The University of Scranton donated La Salle Hall to the city of Scranton in May 1964 as a contribution to the Central City Redevelopment Project. The property was worth approximately $360,000 at the time.
The former La Salle Hall is now used as a convent.
"U of S Gives Valuable Property to City," Scranton Tribune
5 May 1964: 1.