Quain Memorial Conservatory
||Rev. Edwin A. Quain, S.J.
||2,078 sq ft
The Quain Conservatory was built in 1872 by the Scranton family, who used the facility to grow and prepare cut flowers. In 1941, when Worthington Scranton donated the Estate and its grounds to the University, he reserved the greenhouse for his own use, along with what is now Scranton Hall and the Chapel of the Sacred Heart. In 1958, the University acquired these remaining properties from Worthington Scranton's estate.
The Quain Conservatory is one of few Victorian-style conservatories that has been left in its original state.
"U of S Acquires Scranton Tract," 2 October 1958.
"Greenhouse blooms in history, research
19 September 1991: A2.