||Jefferson Towne House
||Wyoming County, Pennsylvania
Wyoming House, once known as Jefferson Towne House, was acquired by the University in March 1982 for $115,000 to be used as a student residence. The three-floor, Colonial Revival-style Towne House had been originally constructed ca. 1901 and had been used over the years as a medical office, a music conservatory, a funeral parlor, and a catering business. Wyoming House was demolished in June 2000 prior to the construction of Mulberry Plaza.
"Towne House may be dorm
23 February 1982: 1.
"Jefferson Towne House purchased for $115,000
16 March 1982: 1.
"Violence endangers Wyoming House
2 November 1995: 1, 2.
"University set to raze Wyoming House
9 March 2000: 3.