- Documents relating to the activities of the Christian Life Community and Sodality of the Diocese of Scranton. The collection contains correspondence, religious tracts, photographs and documents related to the functioning of this community during the late 1960s to the 1990s.
- Scranton Christian Life Community
- Date Range
- Late 1960s-1993
- 2 boxes and 2 binders
Access and Use
No digital access is currently available for materials in this collection.
The collection is open for research. Physical materials may be browsed by appointment in the
Reading Room of the University Archives and McHugh Special Collections.
Items in the University of Scranton Archives and Helen Gallagher McHugh Special Collections may be made available to visiting researchers to support research, scholarship, education, and private study under an assertion of fair use (17 U.S.C. 107). The University of Scranton respects the intellectual property rights of others and does not claim any copyright interest in these materials. It is your responsibility to determine the ownership and status of copyright in any materials you may wish to use beyond fair use, and obtain the permission of the copyright owner, if needed. Individuals or organizations holding additional information about the copyright status of items in this collection are invited to contact the University Archives staff at
[Item Title], [Folder], [Box], Scranton Christian Life Community Collection, McHugh Special Collections, The University of Scranton.
VIAF Corporate and Personal Names
See History of the Scranton Christian Life Community.
Scope and Content Note
This collection provides information on the Scranton branch of this international organization, formerly known as the Sodality, which is devoted to using The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius Loyola to create a way of life. The collection contains correspondence, religious tracts, photographs and documents related to the functioning of this community during the late 1960s to the 1990s. The collection is valuable for research into local history and the history and organization of religious groups.
System of Arrangement
This collection is arranged by folder in two boxes. The collection also includes 2 binders.
- All Saints, Dunmore
- Friends in Christ Community
- Third Friday Adult CLC
- Bishop Hannon CLC
- Lake Ariel
- Saint Thomas, Little Meadows
- Our Lady of the Angels - Endwell, NY
- Seaton Catholic, H.S.
- CLC at University of Scranton
- Brochure for Retreat House
- Can Lay People be Contemplative Too? - Dominic Totaro
- Christian Life Community
- Community Characteristics
- Community and Organization
- Convention 1991
- Cluster Formation
- Form for Canonical Establishment
- CLC Correspondence
- CLC Group Meeting Room Requests
- CLC Past Delegate Assembly
- Delegate Assembly
- Faith-Sharing Experience
- Formation - Guidelines
- Formation - Leader's Manual
- Formation - NFCLC
- CLC Formation Program CLC-USA
- FEC - Formation - English Canada
- General Principles and Formation Program of the CLC
- Guides Team and Formation
- The Guide and The Spiritual Exercises
- History of CLC
- 1976 - 1986 Records of Coordinators and Guides and Delegates' Meetings
- Society of Jesus - CLC
- McKenna House and Jesuit Cottage
- Meeting Agenda
- National CLC
- New Testament Way to Community
- Newspaper Clippings
- North American Region CLC
- The Pilgrim
- Projects from World CLC
- Follow-up to Renew
- Seder Meal
- Shared Reflections I: Lay Spirituality for Co-Responsible Leadership in CLC and in the
- Shared Reflections II: Co-responsible Interdependence for the Future of NFCLC
- Service Cycle for Working People
- Spiritual Community
- Spiritual Exercises and Related Material
- Stencils for CLC
- Study of US CLC's 1984
- The Trinitarian Inspiration of the Ignatian Charism
- Totaro Assorted Notes
- Vietnamese CLC Day
- World CLC Day
- Youth Guides: July 20 - 25, 1986 St. Louis, MO
Donated in 2003.
Processed in 2003.