- Published materials related to the work of the Italian Consular Agency of Scranton during the early twentieth century.
- Italian Consular Agency of Scranton
- Fortunato Tiscar
- Date Range
- 1 box
- Italian, English
Access and Use
No digital access is currently available for materials in this collection.
The collection is open for research. Physical materials may be browsed by appointment in the
Reading Room of the University Archives and McHugh Special Collections.
Items in the University of Scranton Archives and Helen Gallagher McHugh Special Collections may be made available to visiting researchers to support research, scholarship, education, and private study under an assertion of fair use (17 U.S.C. 107). The University of Scranton respects the intellectual property rights of others and does not claim any copyright interest in these materials. It is your responsibility to determine the ownership and status of copyright in any materials you may wish to use beyond fair use, and obtain the permission of the copyright owner, if needed. Individuals or organizations holding additional information about the copyright status of items in this collection are invited to contact the University Archives staff at
[Item Title], [Folder], [Box], Scranton Italian Consular Agency Collection, McHugh Special Collections, The University of Scranton.
The purpose of the Italian Consular Agency of Scranton was to protect the interests of Italian citizens living in the northeast Pennsylvania region and to help them make the transition to their new country.
Fortunato Tiscar (1857-1945) served as the Italian Vice Consul of Scranton for 32 years, resigning in April 1929, and was an active member of the Northeast Pennsylvania community. With more than 20 counties in his jurisdiction, Vice Consul Tiscar was instrumental in supporting the rapidly growing Italian American community in Northeast Pennsylvania during the early twentieth century.
Scope and Content Note
This collection contains published materials related to the work of the Italian Consular Agency of Scranton during the early twentieth century.
System of Arrangement
This collection is arranged in 1 box.
Publications written in English:
- First Annual Private Ball and Inauguration of the Flags of the Societa’ Operaia Fratellanza Muratori Di M. S. of Scranton, PA. Music Hall. (Program). (February 27, 1911)
- The Financial Reconstruction of Italy by Count Volpi and Prof. Bonaldo Stringher. Vol. 3 Italian Historical Society Publications. (1927)
- List of Italian Toy Producers by the Italian Toy Committee. (1933)
- International University Games. (1933)
- Protection of Maternity and Child Welfare in Italy. (1926-1935)
- Address of Signor Augusto Rosso, Italian Ambassador in Washington before the Institute of Arts and Sciences of Columbia University. (February 4, 1935)
- The Italo-Ethiopian Controversy. The Italian Historical Society, Pamphlet #15. (1935)
- Italy, Great Britain, and the League in the Italo-Ethiopian Conflict: Italian Point of View as Set Forth by H.E. Daniele Vare and Ugo V. D’Annuzio. (1935)
- How the Italian Infantry Fought on the Isonzo Front, 1915, As told in the Austrian Official Report, by Ambragio Bollati, Italian Corps Commander. (1935)
- Political and Moral Aspects of the New Corporate Economy in Italy: A Lecture by Edmondo Rossoni, Minister of Agriculture. (April 29, 1936)
- The Italian Empire in Africa, Present and Future by Institute for Studies of International Politics, Milano. (1936)
- After Mussolini What? By Olivia Rossetti Agresti. Italian Historical Society. (1937)
- Mussolini: An Outlook of Life. (undated) (2 copies)
- The Outlook for Democracy in Italy by Harold Lord Varney. The Italian Historical Society, Pamphlet #6. (undated)
- Economic Progress of Fascist Italy. (undated)
Publications written in Italian:
- Legge Consolare per Il Regno D’Italia E Tariffa Consolare. (March 18, 1886) (Includes a telegraph and note attached to the inside front over of the book with Va. Fortunato Tiscar’s name)
- N. 5 Istruzione Per Il Servizio Della Leva All’Estero (1907). (Includes a handwritten note tucked in the pages dated 1913)
- Ministero Degli Affari Esteri Commissariato Dell’Emigrazione Bollettino Dell’ Emigrazione. (November 15, 1913)
- Cenni Biografici del Dott. Prof. Cav. Francesco De Antonio. (1915) (4 copies).
- Il Progresso Italo-Americano. (Newspaper). (August 21, 1918)
- Trattato Di Pace Fra Le Potenze Alleate Ed Associate E L’Austria Protocollo E Dichiarazioni. (September 10, 1919)
- Il Carrocci (The Italian Review): Il Fascio in America Agostino De Biasi L’Orizzonte Mediterraneo Di Roma. (January 1923)
- Il Carracci: Rivista Mensile Di Coltura Propaganda E Difesa Italiana in America Diretta Da Agostino De Biasi. (July 1925)
- Stratuto. (1927)
- Il Precursore della Crore Rossa: Ferdinando Palasciano. (1927)
- Ambasciate Legazioni E Consolati Del Regno D’Italia All’Estero. (February 15, 1928)
- Il Carroccio (The Italian Review): Rivista Di Coltura Propaganda E Difesa Italiana In America. (August 1930)
- Testo Unico Delle Leggi Sul Reclutamento Del R. Esercito. (1932)
- Gieseppe Bastianini La Gloria Di Roma, Commento Di Guido Sollazzo. (undated)
- La Marcia Del Soldato Ignoto, Commento Di Guilio Benedetti. (undated)
- La Diana Della Disciplina La Sagra Dell’ Orgoglio E Della Gloria, Dario Lupi. (undated)